Thursday, September 27, 2012

Terrible Batgirl and Thumbnails

We did a drawing of Batgirl in my character design class today. The professor's daughter loves Batgirl so he had us all draw one for her. Mine is kind of awful, especially compared to all the epic jumping/flying/landing/fighting Batgirls drawn by my classmates. It's also kind of covered with white out (there was this HIDEOUS tangent that I couldn't live with, so I made it worse by whiting it out) but you can't tell so much in this picture since I upped the contrast to kingdom come.

I never draw Batgirl, so cut me a little slack?

Anyways, in that class we're also making some environments for the character we made the five-sided turn around with. So, of course, this is more art focused on my short story comic. It's titled 'Till Death if you guys haven't noticed yet, and it's basically about a Sea Princess who can't ascend to her throne till she's married a King or Prince. It's important that she becomes Queen because she needs to overthrow an evil adviser that assumed the throne after her father's death. It's pretty basic. It's supposed to be an Adventure/Comedy, just something short and fun. 

If you can tell what's going on in these thumbnails at all, I salute you. Somehow professors can read these pretty well; must be one of those super powers they have, I guess. This is only about half of my thumbnails, but I'm not posting the others. They're really awful compositionally and even harder to read than these.

The circled one will be the image I use for my final drawing, plus the window frame from the one the arrow is pointing to.  

If you don't have a clue what's going on, these are backgrounds from the scene where Dorian jumps Jim Royal. In it, he's working in his boat-making studio late at night, and she sneaks in before attacking Jim and threatening him to marry her or else. Sounds like a great couple, right? 

Anyways, I'll keep you guys posted! Crits and suggestions always welcome!


PS. We touched on 4 and 5-point perspective in my Environments class, but I don't think we'll be going in depth, which is a real shame. It's almost never used, I realize, but it would've been such a cool project if we'd been able to do one with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment