Thursday, September 20, 2012

First Cup O' Cocoa

Bit early to feel like Christmas, but I'm feeling those winter vibes. It's probably this unseasonably cool weather we've been experiencing here in Savannah that's causing it. But it feels like Christmas none the less, and it makes me want a nice warm cup of hot chocolate.

That's the best explanation you'll be getting for my blog's title.


I'll be posting my art here whenever I can. It'll be a miss-mash of finished work, sketches, and wips, just whatever I have lying around. And just for those people out there who care about the intimate details of my day-to-day life (I can count you guys on my hand), I'll be posting every now and then about what's going on in the real world. 

As I start this blog, I am a junior in college, studying at Savannah College of Art and Design. Things are rolling pretty smoothly at the moment; classes are surprisingly manageable and my social life is something that isn't completely dead (a shock, considering the past two years of having nearly none). There are a lot of exciting things that are happening this quarter, so I'm pretty pumped for the coming weeks. I think I'll get to learn 4-point and 5-point perspective in my Environments class! My mind is going to be blown. Not to mention all the cool things I'm learning in Digital Coloring and Character Design. 


Study of the Day: 



Based off photos taken by Eadweard Mybridge. 

Trying to figure out how animals run. It's hard enough just understanding how people run. I plan to do a tighter study of this sometime in the future. My cat anatomy really leaves a lot to be desired, but I learned a ton about the moving parts from this study. 

That's all for now, folks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment